A field worker starts his day and takes with him: a tape measure (2m)
A field worker starts his day and takes with him: directions and a road map, a clipboard, a pen and a tape measure (Stanley or another brand, 2 meters is enough). Before the smartphone, this wouldn’t sound so outdated. You can even see them today: representatives with a clipboard between the shop racks. Making notes. But when they’re counting SKUs or get out their tape measure, they avoid being watched. They might not be aware of the fact that they look a bit like walking anachronisms.
When asked what the most important KPIs are, the vast majority of respondents (70%) answered “share of shelf m2 vs the competition per product category”. For the other 30%, “number of out of stocks per assortment” and “number of facings per product” were the most important. These results emerged during our FMCG event, where we welcomed CEOs, sales and marketing managers from major FMCG companies. And who are we to call their answers anachronisms?
In the era of the smartphone…
A field worker starts his day and takes with him: a smartphone or a tablet. These are equipped with the mobile CRM app FMCG365. Consequently, they also have a Share of Shelf calculator: take a picture, mark the part that has to be measured and the app will calculate your share on the shelf. In the era of the smartphone, this app is also equipped with a route planner, a calendar, e-mail, MailChimp statistics, dynamic forecasting, … And soon, we’ll be able to add speech to text so field workers can narrate their reports in the intimacy of their car. (I wouldn’t tell that to the walking and measuring anachronisms between the shop racks. They might feel insulted.)
Are you also impressed by the possibilities of our FMGC365 app? Then don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll gladly tell you more about it.